Sunday, June 28, 2009

This is my stand..

These are the things I am about...

Love is really all you need, I am pro-life, marriage is between one MAN and one WOMAN, it all started with a Creator, sex is for the marriage bed and that's the only place for it, divorce is not in my vocabulary, Jesus is the ONLY way to heaven, I bring the Kingdom with me wherever I go, I change atmospheres....

That being said, when did standing up for what we believe in turn into an attack on the people we disagree with? Where's the love in that? Why have we turned our view from the issues to the people? We can disagree with something without bashing the people who believe in it. We dont like it when people bash us for our views, so why do we retaliate by bashing them? I dont agree with alot of what goes on in my nation, but will you see me posting blogs about how gays are going to hell or that Im so happy that an abortion doctor or child molester has died.. You will not!! Because I love the gays and I love the people who get abortions, perform abortions, and the people who make it all legal. I love them, so I will not rejoice in their deaths or condemn someone for their lifestyle. I dont agree with it and on that I will stand, but I will not let my beliefs stop my love. I dont know if Im making sense or if this is all coming out right or not, but Im sick of people proclaiming to be Christians, but they have no love for the people who need it the most. The ones who are silently crying out for someone to stand up a show them that God really does love them, that there is a God who fashioned them to be like Him, that they have a purpose and a destiny.

That being said once again, I also love Christians...even the ones that frustrate me so much. I know that most of their hearts are right...they think that they are doing the right thing, but in doing what they're doing, they're causing more damage than good. And I pray that they begin to see that...I do agree with them, I just think they're going about it in the wrong way..I mean it's true that 1.3 million babies are aborted each year, but is blowing up an abortion clinic really the way to solve the problem?

Just a little something to chew on...Oh and if any of you get the time, go to ibethel.tv.org and watch the podcasts for the 6/28/09 am and pm services. They're amazing and in the pm service, Kris talks alot about the issue of abortion...SO good!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I need to work on loving Christians...

AmberDenae said...

ALLISON! Love this post but I NEED an update from you! I would really like to hear your engagement story and I would also really like to have a phone call or text from you, my dear. I no longer have your phone number as I believe it changed! CALL OR TEXT ME, PLEEEEASE! I miss you so much and I love you tons!!! I am so happy for you and this next season of your life!!! xoxo

shrever87 said...

Hello Lovely! I have the same ol number as always, so I dont know why it didnt work for you before.. :) I promise I will be posting my engagement story along with a general update of my life as soon as I can! I think Im making Sunday a "call people and catch up" time, so I'll try to give you a call then! :) I love you so very much and I miss you like crazy!! xxx