Sunday, August 10, 2008

Olympics, Wedding, Friends=My Weekend

The Olympics have begun. I wait every 4 years for this..call me a nerd, loser, whatever, but I absolutely LOVE the Olympics. Friday night I caught the end of the opening ceremonies (which my brother found a video of the whole thing, so as soon as I have time, Im watching that..) and even what little I saw was AMAZING..then all day Saturday I watched them until I had to go to a wedding (tell you more about that in a minute)..and today I've been watching them every chance I get, which the USA did an awesome job on the 400m swim relay..it was nuts..we were behind by a full body length, and the last guy to go just sped it up the last few meters, and won by a fraction of a second..it was amazing. I LOVE the Olympics..Im telling you..it's a serious addiction. haha. Believe me..you will hear more about them in the next couple weeks..

But back to the wedding on Saturday, my friend Hailey got married. It was a beautiful, very small wedding in Gulf Shores, AL. I, sadly, got there a little late (just in time to see Chad pronounce them man and wife..), but the reception was a blast. There was food, dancing, and people I hadn't seen in ages..a very good mixture of things! I got to see Tara, who was one of my mentors and whom I haven't seen in 2 years, and Amy, who I just love... it was totally worth the drive :). We danced the cupid shuffle, the electric slide, and all those fun line dances. We ended up not leaving til after 10. It was great! :) Then, we (Jessica, Cary, Melissa, Hannah, Michael, and I) went to Hooter's- it was my first time there- and I must say that they are terribly overrated. The food really wasn't that great...I will probably never have the desire to go in there again. Didn't get home till 1230-1am, then had to get up early to go to church.

Church was awesome...Kenny didn't even preach, we just prayed and worshipped. A guy came down to the altar to get free from drug addiction, some other people got set free from smoking, and we prayed for the children and youth. It was really good.

Then, tonight, I went over to Amy's house for her birthday and hung out with a bunch of people i don't really see too often anymore. Chad, Sabrina, and Macie were there (it's always fun to see them..) and then Jarron came in around 11. We played games, watched the Olympics, I taught them all the cupid shuffle lol, and we just hung out. It was good times..I'm gonna miss these times of just hanging out at Jeremy and Amy's house..but Im seriously, looking forward to moving...it's only 2 weeks away!! I'm so excited!! 

Well..that's the end of my weekend..Im gonna go to bed now cuz im tired and I have to get up and go to work tomorrow..boo. I wish people would pay me for being a nice person..that I didn't have to have a job, but that I could just walk around and random people would give me money for being nice. That would be awesome!! haha! Anyhoo...until next blog.. PEACEOUT!!

2 comments:

AmberDenae said...

Sounds like you had fun and I'm terribly jealous that you got to see Tara, Chad, Sabrina and Macie! :(

We had fun too and all the girls wanted you to be there! We missed you!

So, I cannot believe you're leaving me in 2 weeks :( I am so sad and I don't like it one bit! We need to hang out A LOT these next two weeks!

I'll call you later! Love you!! xoxo

AmberDenae said...

I've awarded you! Check out my blog for the details! :)