Sunday, August 31, 2008

little update

Well..I have made it to the west coast. At last. And I have found time to sit down and write a blog. FINALLY! lol
The problem here is that not many people have wireless internet I can connect to..and it's even harder to find a computer with hi-speed internet..but at long last I have found one in the home of my aunt and uncle..hallelujah!
Just to give you guys an update on what Im doing, Im in Oregon visiting some friends and family before I move on down to Cali. It's been fun so far with adventures from the beach to battling rain at an art festival in Portland. The beach was beautiful..though it rained there as well, it was an amazing view from my friend's condo. The cool thing about the Oregon beach is that there is an ocean at your front and mountains at your back..I love it. :) Then, today I went to an Art festival with my Uncle Bill and Aunt Carol. It rained, so we didnt really get to look at too much art before leaving, but what I did see was really cool. Then, we went to this place called Noodles & Company for lunch. I think I have found a new favorite restaurant. Im hoping that Redding has one. haha! It's still raining now as I type away in the back room of my uncle's house. I love Oregon rain..it puts a chill in the air and a fresh smell of the outdoors in the atmosphere. It's so different from Florida rain...there's no humidity in the air, just the smell of raindrops and the feel of a chilly breeze.
Im not sure what my plans are for this week..my friend is supposed to be moving back home from Washington tomorrow, so hopefully we'll be able to get together. If you're in Florida and reading this, know that I miss you ever so much and Im counting down the days to Christmas when I'll hopefully see you again!

1 comment:

AmberDenae said...

I missss you!!! Glad to hear you're having a good time on the west coast! You left just in time to escape all the little devils (hurricanes)! Miss you lots! Love you!! xoxo