Friday, December 5, 2008

Sigh..

I love Christmas time..the air is crisp and clean, there are lights everywhere, and people just seem to be in a better mood. My campus has put up some Christmas decorations ad I get excited everytime I drive or walk past. :) And then today, one of the interns from my revival group gave me a bag of Starbucks Christmas Blend coffee...Im super excited to brew it in the morning! I just LOVE Christmas!!!! 

My Thanksgiving was good..Aaron came in town and fell in love with Bethel (as I knew he would), we went up to Oregon-took some fellow students with us- and spent Thanksgiving with my aunts and uncles. It was a good vacay...I left my brother up there to visit in Oregon, and came home on Friday, then, Sammy, Eleanor, Stephen, Andrew, and I left Saturday morning for LA. We met up with Planetshakers (which is the church Elle is from) and hung out with them for awhile, then went to their show Sunday night. Monday was a fun adventure..we went to Six Flags with the band, but found out soon after that they were closed, so we ended up just heading home, hoping to get back somewhat early so we could finish up some homework. But alas, I made the mistake of falling asleep for 20 minutes while Sam was driving, and when I woke up, we were lost. Now, I dont completely blame Sammy (or Andrew who was supposed to be navigating) because it was VERY foggy and neither of them know California at all..but, long story short, we ended up taking a 2 hour detour through San Francisco (so much for getting homework done!). Overall it was a fun trip. :)

Now this week has been fun...full of homework and crazy assignments...we are learning how to really study the Bible and we had to do this thing caled an inductive study on 2 John. This was the most time consuming assingment I've had yet...it took me a grand total of 4 1/2 hours to do it..it wasnt hard, just long...but it's done now and due tomorrow, so I feel pretty good about that..then on top of that fun work, we also had a Kingdom foundations paper due (which are these papers with about 10 questions on them about a certain subject, and you have to study the Bible, concordances, etc. to find the answers..they're actually my favorite homework to do..I get alot out of them..) Wed., and 2 weeks worth of Bible reading and questions..all in all..it's been a busy week! :) Im definitely ready for the weekend!!

Well, that's all for my update..it's like 2 am and I need to go to bed (I still have some Bible homework to do in the morning!). Good night lovely ladies and gents!

2 comments:

AmberDenae said...

Wow, sounds like you've had a busy couple of weeks! Also sounds like you're having a blast! I'm feeling a tinge of jealous as I read that you're cruising on through Cali and hanging out with all these what seem to be cool people. Uh I miss you more than words and I really really hope that you're coming home for Christmas because if not, well it would be quite tragic. I love you so much!!! xoxoxo

shrever87 said...

People here are exremely amazing..you need to come visit so yo can meet them all!! I was trying to get Sammy and Eleanor to come home with me for Christmas, but it's not looking like they will..the chances of me coming home for Christmas are getting better everyday though!! :) I miss you Ber...much love!