Sunday, December 28, 2008

Christmas Break

So I've been in Pensacola for Christmas break..been fun..been interesting..I had never understood why it seemed awkward when people would come to visit..but now I understand..it just feels weird coming back. You've been disconnected from people for so long, that you almost dont know what to talk about when you see them..the only people it's not like that with are those you are/were really close to and/or the people you've kept in touch with. And then there's the whole fact that Im not the same person anymore...I dont think the same things are funny and I just dont have the same things driving me anymore..Im not into the gossipping, complaining, and overall trying to pull me into a depression that so many people seem to engage in over here. But everytime I try to give them any advice, they just get upset and start making more excuses for themselves..VERY frustrating..I wish people would just realize how easy it is to step up and take action in their situations..whether they're sick of being in Pensacola, or sick of their job..it's not hard to find another job or MOVE..so many people are so scared of messing up the will of God in their lives...but if you're seeking God and wanting His will, it's gonna be REALLY hard for you to mess your life up. Even if you do stray off track a little, it's not hard to get back to where you need to be! Im not sure where this whole idea that following God's will is hard or complicated..cuz it's really so very simple. just take a risk..step out and try something...God's not gonna disappoint!

anyway..now that I got that lil burden off my chest, Christmas has been so good..I've had alot of fun with the fam and those few friends that I've kept in contact with. Today I went to my brother's church in Fairhope. His father-in-law, Kenny, is the pastor and he always asks me to play piano and sing back-up, so I was expecting that, but what I wasn't expecting was for him to ask me to come up and talk in the middle of his sermon! It was kinda crazy..I actually got up and preached a little..he wanted me to talk about what we are doing at school and how Im in the prophetic art track..and then I got to tell this really awesome testimony about financial breakthrough..and in the end, it ended up being really fun and really amazing. Just goes to show you that God will use just about anyone to minister..and He doesn't expect us to know everything..but to just give away what we do have, and He'll provide the rest! It's so awesome living like this!! I love it..I love Him!

1 comment:

AmberDenae said...

I'm so glad you're here and I hope I do not fall into the category of which you described in the first part of this post...haha =/

I really enjoyed getting to spend time with you on Saturday!! It was so nice. I have missed you so much!! I'm glad I had someone to cry with at "Marley and Me"...haha. Then again, we were all crying, weren't we??

I can tell a difference in you for sure and it's awesome!! I'm so proud of you and it is so refreshing to hear what God is doing in and through you. You're so right...We get so caught up in the whole "Am I in God's will?" mind game that often times we miss out on SO much because we're waiting for a green light to let us know it's okay to make the jump. If I recall correctly, you weren't 100% certain that you were supposed to go to Cali, were you? (Maybe you were but I dunno). But you took a leap of faith and I believe that God is rewarding you for putting your trust in Him COMPLETELY (financially, spiritually, emotionally etc.) It is so encouraging to see and hear what He has already done since you've gone and I am so happy that you were brave and took that scary jump.

I honestly don't even know if I could do that. Pray for me to have faith like that!!!

I love you and cannot wait to spend more time with you!!! xoxo