Friday, October 3, 2008

Wow...

So I FINALLY have time to sit down and write a decent blog (this in hopes that somebody doesn't come bursting into the stairwell where I have found some internet..haha). 

I know in my last blog I mentioned that school is awesome, but didnt really expand on that. I will do so now :) School being awesome is an understatement. I have never been in an atmosphere where so many people have the same heart, same passion for God that I do. It's literally life changing. Even now, as I sit in my dorm stairwell, there are people in the common room playing music and just worshipping God. And this is a constant thing..there is always someone praying, someone worshipping, someone crying out to God to change our nation. I love this atmosphere. I feel like I've grown so much in the past 3 weeks, more so than I have in the past 3 years. Classes are incredible..Bill Johnson teaches as does their associate pastor Kris Vallotton (who is one of the smartest people I have met..some of the classes he's taught blow your mind!). Right now, we're basically just learning who we are in Christ and what that means for the world. :) I want everyone to come and experience what Im experiencing..I am truly falling in love with Him like I never have before. 

We have been put into revival groups (there are 10 groups of about 70) with a pastor and 3 third year interns over them. I have to say that I have been put in the best group ever. My revival group pastor (or RGP), Trisha, is the head of the prophetic arts here at Bethel and the interns are amazing. Karen is like our group mom, Dan is our party planner (and a freakin awesome man of God...he's available if any single ladies want to move out here and snatch him up..lol), and Michaela is the coolest girl ever..I now have 3 families..my blood family, my dorm family, and my revival group family..:) I love it! 

We just got back from our school retreat (which since there are 700 of us, we had to split it up by revival group..so mine and 2 others went Wed-Fri) and it was alot of fun getting to know people outside of school..we played games, ate, had some pretty amazing services, and just hung out. Yesterday, a bunch of us started a soccer game that had so many different countries represented.it was crazy..let's see if I can remember them all..New Zealand, Australia, Norway, Iceland, England, Ecuador, Canada, the US, and Alabama (haha). It was alot of fun, but it got a little rough..so I definitely have some battle wounds...haha! I met some really awesome people though so it was worth it! :) 

One downer so far (and I should have been prepared for this..) is that it seems everyone is looking for a spouse. It's hard to get to know guys without feeling like they're scoping you out as their future wife or something. It really sucks. So I've decided that unless God clearly tells me to, Im not even going to allow myself to get interested in anyone. It's hard cuz there's some really great guys, but I find that it's made things easier in the area of building relationships. I have met a couple guys that we've clicked and become friends AND their safe cuz one has a serious girlfriend and the other is 27 and isnt really looking either. :) YAY!

I dont really know what else to write..dorm life is so much fun..we all get along (for the most part..lol) and just have lots of good times together. We go to the lake, study together, and just do life together. It's been an amazing experience so far and I only expect it to get better. :)

2 comments:

AmberDenae said...

I'm so happy for you and excited to hear what all is going on in your life! It sounds like you are having the time of your life and I'm sure God is doing amazing things in your life!!

I miss you so much and I'm going to call you soon so we can catch up!!

Love you so much!!! xoxo

Cary said...

I'm so jealous cause I feel like you and Jess have these atmospheres that are so condusive to growth, whereas mine is me struggling for life. I feel like I was one of those seeds that was sown into fertile ground, but then got uprooted and transplanted into the thorns where I have to fight to reach the sun (or Son if you like the corniness).

Oh. And I betta be counted in yo birth family guh.